Eligibility Guidelines for a DOI
Please check the eligibility guidelines below before requesting a DOI.
- Western Sydney University must be the sole publisher. Copyright may be jointly held with an external body.
- Grey literature or research data authored/created by a staff member (adjuncts included), student or organisational unit.
- Digital versions of Western Sydney University hosted conference proceedings (full-text, peer reviewed)
- Digital research reports.
- Grey literature or dataset must be made freely available in ResearchDirect following allocation of DOI.
- Publications must contain a research component. Disputes will be resolved by the appropriate divisional Research Committee.
- Item must be eligible for inclusion in ResearchDirect as the DOI must resolve to a ResearchDirect record.
- Research reports must include a separate title page, author affiliation statement, copyright statement and acknowledgment of commissioning body if appropriate. Suggested citation and appropriate creative commons license are optional.
Out of Scope:
- Western Sydney University theses.
- Published peer review articles.
- Draft documents.
- Project Reports prepared for funding bodies, unless they contain a research component.
- Learning/teaching materials.
- Ephemera (material designed to be short lived such as pamphlets).
Download a copy of the eligibility guidelines.
Please email email@example.com for assistance.