Submit Learning Resources
Readings & Resources
Your School Librarian can work with Unit Coordinators to advise on curriculum resources for subject reading lists for new or existing subjects. They can also provide a collection impact statement to include with a new program proposal.
If you are a staff member using the University’s Learning Guide Management System, the reading list items within the Learning Guide will be automatically received by the Library. The Library will then create a Readings & Resources list with links to either the electronic resources or to the Library catalogue entry for physical items.
If your Learning Guide is not submitted via the Learning Guide Management System, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The linked reading list will then be made available in the relevant vUWS unit site accessible from the ‘Readings & Resources’ menu.
If you require Additional Resources added to the Readings & Resources list which are not listed in the Learning Guide, please submit them via the online form. If you require changes to Prescribed Texts or Essential Resources please speak to your School Librarian and submit them to the TSC - Tracking Subject Changes Form for approval.
After receiving your reading list or readings, the Library will:
- Create a Reading List according to the processing timeline.
- List readings as per your preference (e.g. alphabetical, weekly or by module).
- Acquire the prescribed text and essential readings with preference for electronic versions.
- For Print Prescribed texts, one copy will automatically be placed in the Reserve Collection where the unit is taught. For the University’s digital textbook initiative for level one units, a print copy will also be automatically placed in the Reserve Collection at the campus where the unit is taught.
To request any additional items be placed in Reserve Collection, please complete and submit the Reserve Requests form. Reserve Collection items will:
- Remain in Reserve Collection for the relevant teaching period only.
- Be limited to a maximum of 20 items per unit at the campus where the unit is taught.
- Contain one copy only of each title at the campus where the unit is taught.
Access to Learning Guides and Unit Outlines
The Library endeavours to make Learning Guides available one week prior to commencement of the current teaching session, as specified in the Unit Outline and Learning Guides Policy. Access to Learning Guides from the Library website is for current Western students and staff only.
Unit Outlines for all Schools and The College (except The College Foundation units) are now available from the University Handbook. For The College Foundation units, the Library endeavours to make these available two weeks prior to commencement of each session from the Library Unit Outlines webpage.