Borrowing Across Western Sydney University Libraries
Intercampus requesting and delivery will recommence from 11 May 2020 for current Western students and staff only, as we continue measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 and operate on reduced staffing. We appreciate your understanding.
University staff and students have access to the full range of collections across all Libraries.
How to borrow from other Western Sydney University libraries
Items for loan
If the item is unavailable at your 'home' library, you may go directly to any campus library which has a copy available and borrow the item.
A Library courier service is available to deliver study materials from one Western library to another. There is no charge for this service.
Most items are available for Intercampus delivery, with the following exceptions:
- Reserve Collection material
- Electronic devices
- Not for loan materials
- Special collections
- Items already available in your ‘home’ library
- Courier service is not available to or from Sydney City Campus
- Items may be requested by current University staff, students and current Western Sydney University Alumni library members via the Library Search Box 'Request' link.
- Available items will be held for 7 days
- Requests cannot be placed by clients with overdue items and/or fees of $10 or greater
- If available, items will be delivered to the nominated library within two working days
- Items may be returned to any Western Sydney University Library.
View a demonstration for placing a request.
Copies of articles held in print journals, held only at a campus library other than your home library, are available for delivery via email for University students and staff.
To request an article from another campus library:
- Check item is available via the Library search box
- Send the complete citation for the required article to email@example.com. Be sure to include the journal title, volume/issue number, year of publication, article title and author and the page numbers if available
- Please allow two working days for delivery of item via your Western Sydney University email.
How to return items
With the exception of electronic devices and Reserve Collection material, items may be returned to any Western Sydney University Library.
Returns chutes are located near each Library entrance. Items may also be returned via the Self Service Machines located inside each Library.
Electronic devices and Reserve Collection material must be returned to the lending library and handed to a staff member at the Service Desk.
Other items may be returned via Australia Post. These items are deemed returned on the day they are received by the Library, not date of mailing. Fees apply to late returns.
Mail returns to:
Western Sydney University
Locked Bag 1797
Penrith, NSW, 2751
Sometimes it may be necessary for the Library to recall material on loan. This will usually happen if the material is in high demand and required for the Reserve Collection
- Recalled items have a shortened loan period of seven days from the date of recall or the original due date whichever falls first
- Recalled items are subject to late fees if not returned by the new due date