Benefits of Using RefWorks
RefWorks is a web-based service, which enables you to create and manage your own personal bibliographic database. You can either type the references in yourself, or import them from a search. When you are writing a paper you can automatically format these references in your chosen style (e.g. APA) for use in your bibliography.
Figure 1: Accessing RefWorks
- To access RefWorks from the UWS Library website, go to:
Services > Undergraduate > RefWorks > Access to RefWorks
- Select the RefWorks link to access the RefWorks login page. Please note, if you are using RefWorks from outside UWS campuses, you will be prompted to log into Off Campus Access first.
- At the RefWorks Login page, select 'Sign up for an individual account' and follow the onscreen instructions. Please record the personal username and password of your RefWorks account, as you will need to enter them whenever you wish to access RefWorks. (See - Figure 1)
- Note: click on 'OK' if Security Alert Messages appear from the UWS Refworks login page
- RefWorks allows authorised users to access their stored references at any time in any place with Internet access.