Library Databases which index patents and related resources
The UWS Library subscribes to the following databases which index patents. Access is via the Library's E-resources page
- Indexes patents from the US, Japanese, European and World Patent Offices and provides full text access where possible.
- Conduct a keyword search then click on the 'patents' tab to access patents in this area.
- Contains information on patents and patent law
- Within 'Area of Law by topic' select 'Patent Law'
- Select 'Find Patents'
- Select the areas you wish to search then click on 'combine sources'
- Conduct a search (in the top left hand corner ensure your 'view' is 'cite' to see multiple listings on the page)
- Patent classification and legislation is also available within this database
SciFinder Scholar - Chemistry (see registration information)
- Limit to patents and conduct a subject search.
- If full text is available a link titled 'Web based document' will appear.
Allows the user to search the United States Patent and Trademark Office database by Patent Number, Inventor or classification code. Citing information can also be tracked. RSS feeds are available to keep up to date with patents in your area of interest.
SNIPER (Searchable Networked Intellectual Property Electronic Resource)
- Australian content
- Bibliographic database of journal articles, conference papers, and other documents about issues in intellectual property
For further information contact the Research Services Librarian