Planning an effective search strategy prior to the commencement of any search for information is crucial to its success.
Formulating your search strategy should involve the following:
- Noting down keywords and phrases.
- Noting alternative spelling, particularly American spelling (eg. aging/ageing).
- Noting synonyms, particularly Americanisms (eg. mobile phone/cell phone) and alternate terms (eg. Physiotherapy/physical therapy).
- Consider how to combine terms to retrieve the most effective results.
- Consider which resources will contain the most appropriate information for each facet of your research.
For assistance contact your School Librarian
or the Research Services Librarian