Attendance at conferences is an invaluable mechanism for keeping up to date in your chosen field. New theories are often discussed for the first time, networks of colleagues may be established and possible collaborative opportunities identified. Most conference websites offer some form of alerting service for new content.
Listed below is a selection of useful websites for identifying conferences in your field:
- COS Papers Invited (subscription via the Library e-resources menu) contains information about forthcoming conferences, calls for papers and funding opportunities in most disciplines.
- Allconferences.com is an international directory of multi-disciplinary conferences and workshops.
- Conference Alerts is an international directory of multi-disciplinary conferences searchable by discipline, conference location and date.
- Natureevents.com is a science based website hosted by the Nature Publishing Group and is searchable by date, country and discipline.
- IEEE Conferences and Meetings lists international IEEE sponsored conferences.
Alternatively enter your area of interest (e.g. "higher education") and conference into a search engine such as Google to retrieve lists of conferences in that area.
For assistance contact the Research Services Librarian